Friday, February 4, 2011

The "Unexpected"

Starting out this week, I WAS planning to start my new job. However, I HADN’T planned on shopping at Kroger’s on the eve of a giant ice storm. And I sure hadn’t planned on scrapping two inches of ice off my car. I didn’t expect my husband to get the stomach virus. And quite frankly, I was planning to serve tacos for dinner on Friday night, not Wednesday. Prior to this week, I hadn’t planned on being out of full-time work for five months. But then again, it’s funny how the “unexpected” always come full circle.
As my mom always says, “Sometimes, you just have to rise to the occasion”.  
For example, I rather enjoyed myself at Krogers on the eve of the ice storm. It was like an adventure: “Survival of the Fittest”.  I amazingly found a very short checkout line and paved the way for other frustrated shoppers. One lady shopper said I was her heroine in the Kroger shopping experience.  No applauds, please.
Scrapping two inches of ice of the car was a little challenging. However, it was fun to slide around on the ice with the husband. It reminded us of our first time together on the ice: We slid and fell on top of each other, kind of like in the movies.  
I felt really bad for the husband as he was hugging the porcelain God. However, I have to admit, his stomach virus afforded be the opportunity to enjoy more of the chocolate cookies.
I did serve tacos on Wednesday night because the husband could finally eat. And tacos happens to be one of my favorite foods. So, by the end of the week, we made tacos again. I had the chance to enjoy tacos two nights, instead of just one time.
It is true that prior to this week, I hadn’t planned on being out of full-time work for five months. But then again, two weeks ago, I didn’t know I would be starting a new job this week.
So, I guess my week all depends on perspective. I have to say, in the midst of a crazy week, I was a heroine to some, a romantic to one and I enjoyed my favorite food and sampled yummy chocolate cookies.
I guess the “unexpected” of this week reminds me that even in the midst of frustration, we can find a blessing or two.  Hmmm, I wonder what unexpected events are coming my way next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment