Sunday, February 27, 2011

In Care of Spring,

I was reflecting on your soon-to-be arrival. I’ve been waiting quite some time for you to come. Winter has been overstaying its welcoming. And I’m more than ready for you to visit. As I enjoy a fresh glass of my “Constant Comments”, Biglow Tea, I am reminded how nice it would be to spend it with you on the back porch.   The Irises are sprouting green leaves in the backyard. And I check every day for the Crocus leaves, but they haven’t popped up yet. You know how much they enjoy you too. The dead growth from fall is still laying in our yard and we can’t remove it until you come. As you can see, many of my plants are waiting for to come, too. And we can’t do much without you. Spring, you always seem to bring the nicest beginnings to the new year. And quite frankly, I need a little of that this year. If at all possible can you pack some warm air with no rain? I need a few weeks to get my garden in order. I promise to greet you with fresh Geranium baskets on my front porch and nice cozy campfires in my backyard. Oh, Spring, how we’ve truly missed you and we look forward to your coming. Meanwhile, I will endure winter’s stay. In short, I hope to trade in the winter coat and wool gloves for a pair of hot pink flip-flops and an Easter dress.

Waiting Patiently,

No comments:

Post a Comment